No commission: that’s right, this is a salaried position! We feel that commission motivates short-sighted, transactional engagements and doesn’t align with our company values. We want to reward the building of long-term value and relationships.
- No cold calling: There is no need for hunting for work because we have both a strong marketing funnel and numerous relationships with individuals and companies that we’ve done business with that could refer us to new opportunities.
- We always have 10+ opportunities in our pipeline, and there is no shortage of qualified leads.
- Working with a team: All of our opportunities involved engineering team members who are responsible for creating estimates and drafting proposal content.
- Every member of the Punch Through team has a voice in the way we work. Leadership doesn’t make all the rules, anyone has the power to change the way we work and our processes for the better.
- Our brand is well-known in the industry, and our small engineering team is a powerhouse with projects. This gives us a bit more freedom to choose the clients and projects we take on to ensure that it aligns with our values, culture, and processes.
Our Culture Statement
Our team and culture are everything to us. We value having empathy for one another and recognizing the challenges we are going through both inside and outside the workplace. By doing so, we maximize our ability to help our team members be happy, successful, and truly be themselves.
To be in it for the long-haul we must be comfortable, which means being relaxed, creative, and able to do great work without always needing to be serious. Being transparent and honest about who we are helps us to resolve internal and external conflict, develop deeper relationships, and most importantly, be happy.
Our culture is a summation of the ways that we are different from other companies. We take pride in our unique abilities and strive to do the best work in our industry. However, we never stop working to improve and grow both individually and as a team. We teach each other, we teach our clients, and we seek learning opportunities in all forms. We’re hungry for knowledge in the world and seek to leverage each other’s experiences. We are building a company where everyone can be their best selves and have a meaningful impact on one another and our industry.
If you’re great today but want to be better tomorrow, this is the home for you.
All About You
Experience: We hire for potential, but recognize a proven track record. We believe the right culture can be the catalyst for growth for a motivated individual, and we’ll never get in the way of your growth and success.
To empathize and connect with our customers, you must be able to speak the language of a technical organization. We are doing custom software/hardware development, after all! Someone with an engineering education and a few years of experience under their belt, or a seasoned sales vet that has made B2B sales with exposure to engineering and product development teams would fit well in this role.
Skills: You must have excellent time management, organization, and focus. Things can move pretty fast when coordinating numerous opportunities that involve many individuals from the client’s company and our teams. Don’t worry. We have a process in place to keep things under control. With that said, it’s essential that you are process-oriented. You’ll follow our process, build out new procedures, and need to be able to communicate our product development processes to prospects.
You must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with people and provide top-notch customer service. There is no script or formulas for how to build relationships; you must enjoy communicating from the heart and look to do what’s best for both ourselves and our clients. In this role, you cannot over-communicate! If we are our authentic selves and communicate transparently, our relationships will naturally flourish, and that’s what makes Punch Through one of the best places to work.
To feel happy and be successful in this position, you must be able to think strategically and systematically, enjoy mentoring for the sake of improving yourself and others, and feel natural alignment with our company value of being selfless.
Natural Interest in Business: To be a helpful guide, you must understand the challenges that business leaders who come to us are facing. You should have an understanding of different business models and be able to recognize at a high level the ROI of their business efforts. You should be motivated and curious as to how businesses operate and naturally crave learning more.
Genuine Confidence: To effectively guide clients on their project journey, we need to instill confidence that we have the authority to be the ones that should help them. When you join our team, you must be confident in yourself and your ability to communicate with our clients. Over time, will you will build confidence in our team’s ability to excel as you see them deliver for clients time and again.
Genuine Desire to Help: It’s worth repeating that it’s never us versus the client. You must be interested in helping people even if you know it doesn’t benefit you in the short-term.
Curiosity: Be great today, be better tomorrow. We believe that if you aren’t curious about how the world works, or you don’t challenge expectations, then you will never grow. Our teams resonate with each other in large part due to our passion for learning and teaching.
Collaboration: You will be the sole full-time person dedicated to sales responsibilities, so you must be motivated to operate and work in a self-managed fashion. With that said, we are huge believers in collaborative efforts, so you will have the support of the teams around you in many of the responsibilities you own, whether in the project proposal, execution, or closing phases.
Your goals for the first 60 days
Everyone hates showing up for their first day, not sure what to do. Don’t worry, we have plenty for you to do, and will guide you through the journey so you’re not overwhelmed or abandoned at your post. Within your first 60 days, we expect that:
- You will have an understanding of our business, value proposition, and our customers
- You will have an understanding of how our teams operate within our values, and how we protect those values to deliver the best quality work to our clients
- You will have learned to and executed on qualifying clients in the inbound phase
- You will have coordinated the proposal process for an engineering team from beginning to end
- You will have guided a client through the proposal process
- You will be able to execute all account executive responsibilities for any number of deals
If this sounds like you, please apply today! We look forward to getting to know you.